ASG commits a major part of its resources to research and development, and at present our Development Department consists of more than 300 people in six major development groups located in North America and Europe.
Development is tasked with enhancing ASG's existing products and developing new offerings to bring value to our clients. While maintaining and developing more than 150 products in the areas of Applications Management, Content Management, Infrastructure Management, Identity Management, Metadata Management, Operations Management, and Performance Management, Development delivers new releases in a timely manner, ensuring the highest level of quality in a continuous effort to satisfy our clients.
ASG's mainframe, mid-range, and PC applications involve all aspects of computer science and employ a wide range of tools and technologies. In supporting our clients' transition to the new e-business model, we combine development, acquisition, and strategic client partnerships to provide integrated business solutions that manage existing mainframe and non-mainframe operations and applications.
Recognizing our diverse heritage, and our clients' gradual shift to an internet-based computing model, ASG's Development department is employing the following strategies:
- Instituting a common software engineering process across all development groups
- Continuously enhancing products and releases per individual product plans
- Providing client capabilities for navigation, queries, and wizards to simplify end-user access to our products
- Web-enabling our products
- Creating application servers
- Integrating our products
- Employing new technologies to create leading-edge applications such as our ASG-Federation Portal.
- Client beta test programs to further refine product quality and compatibility across diverse, "real-world" environments